User-agent: * Allow: / CH on Track: Looking forward to Daytona 500

Search

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Looking forward to Daytona 500

LOUDON, NH - SEPTEMBER 19:  Ryan Newman, drive...
Image by Getty Images via @daylife
Oh boy, in just 35 days, I will be busy preparing for the debut of the 2012 racing season. Hubby and I have been counting down the days until the Daytona 500 since the off-season began.

We will forgo a usual Sunday supper for our favorite flavor of Tornados. I like the Cheesy Pepper Jack while hubby prefers the Cheese and Pepperoni. We like to show our support for Ryan Newman's sponsors wherever possible.

We are a Ryan Newman family after all.

I anticipate that while I make for the first course of our decadent race day dining delight, something I call race-day guacamole, with the hot peppers I have been growing from last year's plants, on the sun porch. While I'm in the kitchen and hubby is putzing with who knows what in the garage, the living room will be alive with familiar voices as Race Day on SpeedTV fills our not-so-high definition television screen. We have not yet acquired that flat screen TV we have been dreaming about. We just can't afford to replace a perfectly good television set, but when this one breaks, that will be the first order of business. I can't wait to watch Ryan strap into his race car on a big, high-definition TV.

My morning preparation for the Daytona 500 will also include cranking up the laptop computer. I want to make sure its Windows Vista is fully updated, spybot has checked for any nasty bugs, and the hard drive defragged. I want the computer to run at top speed, which isn't great to start with, and certainly want no surprises while listening to Ryan being directed by his spotters. I want to hear every word from Tony Gibson as he talks to Ryan who will be flying around the racetrack at speeds nearing or surpassing 200 mph.

I used to sew during races, but no more. These days, I don't want to miss a moment of the action on the track. I'm sure I will wear my t-shirt that bears Ryan's name and likeness, as well as the #39 hat. Anything I can do to steer a little good luck Ryan's way, I'm happy to do.

Good luck Ryan for a great 2012 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to add your comment: